- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI Silver Medal for Conservation and Restoration
Entries for the RIAI Silver Medal for Conservation and Restoration are now open.
The RIAI will be awarding two medals this year, one for the period 2014-2016 and one for the period 2017-2019.
The submission deadline for all entries is Thursday, 21 September at 5.00pm.
The RIAI Silver Medal for Conservation and Restoration is awarded to an architect or architectural practice for projects of exceptional merit completed within a specified three-year period. The medal is awarded several years after completion so that the success of the building can be confirmed by the passage of time.
Eligible entries must have been practically completed between 1 January 2014 and 31 December 2016 or between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2019 by Registered Architects. Entries can include works where buildings of historic importance are refurbished and adapted for contemporary use or restored as monuments.
Entries can be made online using the form below.
Please add the following digital material to a zip file of no more than 10MB, named in the following format: SMCR_project_practice_year.zip, and upload it via Dropbox or WeTransfer, adding the link as directed in the application form:
- Architect’s Statement (please give a brief account of your project)
- 5-10 x landscape images (1020px in width, and no taller than 662px in height) in JPG format (must include exteriors and interiors). Each image should be individually saved in number sequence with the project, named in the following format:project_practice_photographer_1.jpg. Please identify one photograph as your publicity image. All images must be appropriately credited.
- 5 x key drawings in PDF format
There is no charge for entering a project for the RIAI Silver Medal for Conservation and Restoration.
For further information, please email Maeve Power, Assistant Director of Architecture and Communications, at email@example.com.