- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI DfMA CPD: A Common Framework (November 2023)
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Featured CPD Events
- Pre-recorded Online
Cost:RIAI Member €140 | RIAI Practice Member €120 | Non-Member €140 (special discount rate)
Location:RIAI Digital Chalk
RIAI CPD:4.5 Structured CPD Points
This course consists of a set of recordings of a live CPD, hosted by the RIAI on 10 November, focused on "DfMA - A Common Framework".
The RIAI is committed to providing guidance and advice to architectural practices and practitioners with the aim of promoting high standards and high quality design at the heart of the construction process, to facilitate a collaborative approach and enabling innovation in the built environment.
Whilst there are many merits in the traditional approach, in the face of modern methods of construction the business as usual approach requires adaptation of the current traditional plan of work to a non-linear format, capable of flexibility in the planning, procurement and delivery of projects at scale to respond to climate change, resource challenges and market needs.
The RIAI Design for Manufacture and Assembly / DfMA Report (October 2022) and RIAI DfMA Overlay to the RIAI Plan of Work (October 2022) have been developed to support architects, architectural technologists and stakeholders in the sector to navigate the complexity within a commonly understood framework, drawing on a wide variety of sectoral knowledge. The strands of sustainability, digitisation and modern methods of construction intertwine in an adapted framework for more efficient, collaborative methods of construction – these are not separate, distinct workstreams. The DfMA Overlay integrates bodies of knowledge into a framework, setting out a roadmap for quality led approach to support the ambitious targets and goals of government and will be updated in a 4-5 years with lessons learnt and evolution of this delivery system.
This training programme is developed to support the dissemination and adoption of MMC enabled by DfMA, to provide guidelines and direction to Architects, Architectural Technologists, related construction sector professionals, manufacturers, contractors and clients in their journeys to embed the principles of DfMA, sustainability and digital delivery in the projects which they undertake.
This is a recording of an event that took place over Zoom on 10 November 2023 and is being delivered via RIAI DigitalChalk:
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of completion.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate on completion of the online course.