- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Registering with Companies Office
Business and Company Name Registration
From 1 December 2015 any person or business applying to the Registrar of Companies to register a company name or business name containing the term "architect" or any grammatical form thereof will require a certificate known as a Notice of Determination from the RIAI stating that the proposed business or company name complies with the requirements of section 18(3) of the Building Control Act 2007. The Notice of Determination process is carried out in accordance with the RIAI’s Rules for Practice Titles established under section 18(6) of the Building Control Act 2007.