- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
When working with a historic building, particularly one designated a Protected Structure or located within an Architectural Conservation Area, you will need the advice of an Architect with skills in conservation. Should your building not be listed by the planning authority, it may still be of conservation value. An Architect can help ensure that its character is not damaged in the process of any alterations or extensions carried out.