- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI Transition Year Programme
The RIAI Transition Year Programme guidance provides support to Architectural Practices who take on Transition Year Students.
The RIAI guide is a framework for a one-week transition year student placement in an Architect’s office. The intention is for these students to develop genuine skills in design development, research, presentation techniques and gain experience in a variety of industry applications.
Working alongside their assigned mentor, the project is set out in 6 stages over a number of days, culminating in the presentation of the student’s work from concept to final design. The guide sets out the tasks for both mentor and student.