- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Is your home a Protected Structure?
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Retired Members & Retired Fellows
The RIAI is a membership organisation, which works to foster and promote union, professional integrity, and honourable practice and relations in the architectural profession.
The RIAI Retired Members/Fellows are long standing members who are no longer practicing architecture but retain their affiliation with the Institute. As Retired Members and Fellows their names are not listed on the Register for Architects.
The Retired Fellows/Members class are represented on the Council of the RIAI through an elected representative.
If a Retired Fellow/Member wishes to return to practice or provide architectural services, by seeking readmission to the Register of Architects. Information on returning to the register is published in