- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Pre-recorded Online: RIAI Specifications CPD Webinar 2022
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Featured CPD Events
- Pre-recorded Online
Cost:RIAI Member €110, RIAI Practice €90
Location:RIAI Digital Chalk
The RIAI presents a CPD on Specifications.
This online CPD course comprises of a live recording of the RIAI Specification CPD held on 10 March 2022.
The aim of the CPD course is to provide members with up to date advice for drafting specifications.
The CPD course will cover the following topics:
- Traditional use of specifications and recent changes
- The importance of starting the specification at the early stages of the project
- Three C’s approach: Correct, Consistent, Coordinated
- Specifications compliance: legislation, BC(A)R, H+S Act and the duty of the designer
- BIM and specifications: the importance of legible codes
- Brexit and BS Standards, EN Standards, Harmonised EN Standards
- The requirements of LEED and BREAAM
- Back to Back warranties and Single Source warranties
- The characteristics of the various specification writing tools available
- Substitution and VE - how to protect work and Client’s product against contractor submittals?
- Approach to Performance and Product Specification
- How can the architect control outcome through specification i.e. be upfront in the scope?
- Nuance of PSC and Private Sector: Specification, Contract and Substitution
- NSAI and provision of services
- New suite of accessibility standards EN 17210 and 17621
- Revision to ISO 21542
- Theory of specification writing
- NBS Chorus and BIM processes
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- LO1: Designate key elements for the production of statutory compliant specifications
- LO2: Identify common risks in drafting specifications
- LO3: Define new NSAI accessibility standards
- LO4: Delineate Chorus and BIM processes
Presentation (180 minutes) to include time for questions and answers. View programme from live webinar here.
Annette Dempsey, Associate, Specification Leader, Henry J Lyons Architects
Edel Collins MRIAI, Assistant Principal Architect, Office of Public Works
Ger Harvey MRIAI, Assistant Principal Architect, Office of Public Works
Elizabeth O’ Ferrall, Technical Standards Officer, National Standards Authority Ireland
Andrew Preston, Specifier/ Sales Director, NBS
This online CPD course is delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of registration.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate for 3 structured CPD points on completion of the online CPD.