- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI UDTF CPD: Compliance with Revised Part M 2022 (March 2023)
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Pre-recorded Online
Cost:Member: €35 | Practice: €30 | Non-member: €45
Location:RIAI Digital Chalk
Make sure you're up to date with the latest 2022 revisions to Part M of the Building Regulations and TGD M with the RIAI UDTF upcoming CPD training event. If you are working on public, commercial, and retail buildings, this CPD is for you. This course will cover the regulatory compliance framework for the design of Changing Places, providing you with a comprehensive understanding of the technical requirements.
The aim of the CPD course is to advise RIAI members about the revisions to Part M of the Building Regulations and Technical Guidance Document M 2022 that provides for the provision of Changing Places (Carer Assisted Accessible Toilets.) The CPD will increase awareness and understanding of the benefits of providing Changing Places Toilets and on the technical and design requirements to demonstrate compliance.
The CPD course will cover the following topics:
- Context for the provision of Changing Places
- Revisions to TGD M – Access and Use
- Buildings to which the provision of Changing Places will be required
- Transitional arrangements
- Case Studies
- Proposed CEUD Guidelines to support the implementation of TGD M 2022.
Building Regulations Technical Guidance Document M 2022 Access and Use
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
LO1: define the benefits of providing Changing Places Toilets.
LO2: Identify the revisions to Part M of the Building Regulations and Technical Guidance Document M 2022
LO3: implement revisions to Part M of the Building Regulations and Technical Guidance Document M 2022 and design Changing Places Toilets successfully.
- Paul McDermott, Advisor Building Standards, in Department of Housing, Local Government + Heritage
- Fionnuala Rogerson, Fionnuala Rogerson Architects, RIAI UDTF, UIA Architecture for All Work Programme
- Linda Horgan, AOTI, Cork Occupational Therapy Services Ltd, UCC
- Ruth O’Reilly, Senior Built Environment Design Advisor, Centre for Excellence in Universal Design
- Aaron Daly and Karen Smith representatives from Changing Places Ireland (CPI)
- Chair – Helge Koester, EML Architects, UDTF
This is a recording of an event that took place over Zoom on 21 March 2023 and is being delivered via RIAI DigitalChalk:
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of completion.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate on completion of the online course.