- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI UDTF CPD - Risks of Delayed DAC Applications (November 2022)
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- RIAI Digital Chalk
Cost:Member Rate: €35 | Practice Rate: €30
RIAI CPD:1 Structured CPD Point
On November 22, 2022, the RIAI Universal Design Taskforce (UDTF) organised a CPD session focused on the risks associated with commencing construction work before a DAC is granted. The session was intended for building owners, developers, and architects, and included an overview of the relevant legislation and standards associated with the topic.
The aim of the CPD course and attached information paper is to alert members to issues that have arisen when DAC applications are delayed and to provide an overview of the associated relevant legislation and standards.
The CPD course will cover the following topics:
- Background / Relevance;
- TGD Part M and Accessibility, Inclusion and Universal Design;
- Examples of Issues which have arisen
- Statutory Framework – Building Regulations Compliance;
- Building Control Management System (BCMS);
- Building Control Regulations 1997 to 2021;
- Architects Legal Obligations;
- Recently Published European Standards;
- RIAI UDTF - Information Paper: Risks of Delayed Disability Access Certificate (DAC) Applications.
- Michael Mohan FRIAI, Michael Mohan Architects.
- Isoilde Dillon (non-practising / retired FRIAI)
This pre-recorded event is delivered via RIAI DigitalChalk:
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of completion.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate on completion of the online course.