- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
CPD Series on Role of Employer’s Representative (ER) in Public Capital Works Projects (September 2021)
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Pre-recorded Online
Cost:Member Rate €245 | Practice Rate €210 | Non Member €280
Location:RIAI Digital Chalk
This online CPD course comprises of a live recording of the CPD Series on Role of Employer’s Representative (ER) in Public Capital Works Projects, held on 29 September 2021.
The aim of the course is to support Architects in the undertaking of the Role of Employer’s Representative (ER) in Public Capital Works Projects.
Participants need a basic understanding and familiarity with Capital Works Management Framework and CWMF Guidance Notes prior to attending this course.
On completion of this course, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the role and responsibilities of ER in the Public Works Contract (PWC)
- Manage pre-contract set-up for PWC
- Administer PWC for Public Capital Works Projects with and without specialist subcontractors
- Implement programme management for PWC projects
- Execute cost management for PWC projects including appraising of claims
- Implement quality management for PWC projects
- Manage communication and reporting for a PWC project
- The role of the ER in the dispute resolution process on PWC projects
- Execute Change Management Procedures
- Execute handover procedures
This online CPD course is delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of registration.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate on completion of the online CPD.
- Each session will begin with a presentation on the theme for that session by a keynote speaker as the expert in the field.