- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Pre-recorded Online: COVID-19 – Ongoing Challenges in Contract Administration by McCann Fitzgerald (November 2021)
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Pre-recorded Online
Cost:RIAI Member/Practice €10
Location:RIAI Digital Chalk
RIAI CPD:1 Structured CPD Point
The RIAI present a recording of the CPD Webinar by Kevin Kelly, McCann FitzGerald LLP who presented a CPD focused webinar in November 2021 about issues faced by Architects administering construction contracts in the light of COVID-19.
The aim of the course is to discuss with participants the challenges in contract administration faced in the light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The webinar will review where matters stood when the pandemic arose and what Architects should be considering now and for contracts in the near future.
On completion of this course attendees should have more information on the impact of COVID-19 in administration of contracts;
- Where we were when pandemic arose, as a recap of May 2020 RIAI CPD dealing with private sector contracts
- What the architect/contract administrator should consider now when granting/not granting an EOT; under which applicable clauses, with time (no money)
- What are the entitlements of the contractor under the provisions of standard contract
- What the architect/contract administrator should consider in contract for both new and existing contracts; what is the status of the current pandemic under the contract (and previous pandemic post Lockdown #1), entitlement for ongoing COVID-19 issues affecting time and preliminaries
- Contractual pressures – How should architect deal with Brexit, supply chain and inflationary cost which are outside of the control of the contractor
(Architects duty of care to employers and contractors is known/established and the course will therefore focus on the practicalities of dealing with Covid related issues arising under the contract).
Kevin Kelly, McCann FitzGerald LLP
Kevin is partner in the Construction Group of McCann FitzGerald and practises in all areas of construction law advising both public and private sector clients including local authorities, developers, contractors, consultants, funders, insurers and bondsmen on a wide variety of construction related issues. He has developed particular expertise in the areas of contract drafting, negotiation, administration, dispute resolution and also EU public procurement tendering procedures.
This online CPD course is delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk.
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of completion.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate for 1.5 structured CPD points on completion of the online course.
Chaired by Niall Meagher
|09:30||Introduction by RIAI||Niall Meagher, FRIAI|
|09:35||Discuss with participants the challenges in contract administration faced in the light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic; review where matters stood when the pandemic arose and what Architects should be considering now and for contracts in the near future.||Kevin Kelly|
|10:10||Q+A (20 minutes)|