- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
BC(A)R – The Current Position and Challenges: From 3 Perspectives (November 2022)
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Pre-Recorded Online
Cost:Member Rate: €35 | Practice Rate: €30
Location:RIAI Digital Chalk
RIAI CPD:1 Structured CPD Point
On the 17th November 2022 the RIAI hosted a CPD webinar on current challenges and trends experienced by construction practitioners engaging BCAR and BCMS.
Mary Smith CIP, Partner at Caytons
Eoghain Ryan BE, MSc CEng, MIEI, Managing Director at Ryan & Associates
Helen Duffy BA (Hons), B.Arch, MRIAI, Director at SWECO
Niall Meagher Dipl.Arch, B.Arch Sc, Dip.Proj.Mgmt, Dipl.Arb, FRIAI FCIArb, Managing Director at IPML
The aim of the CPD course is to deliver design skills to meet building users’ requirements within the constraints imposed by building regulations.
The CPD course will cover the following topics:
- Legal landscape overview and BCAR case examples;
- Part B/Fire/Life Safety;
- How BCAR has developed in our experience;
- Contractor and Design team engagement;
- The use of software/tracking;
- Design responsibility matrix & specialist designers;
- Local Authority Building Control input;
- Challenges of phasing, ‘deferred’ works and ‘future proofing’
On completion of this course participants will be able to: Anticipate current challenges to attain regulatory building compliance via BCAR.
This online CPD course is delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of registration.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate for 3 structured CPD points on completion of the online CPD.