- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Training on Financial and Cashflow Management (February 2023)
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Pre-recorded Online
Cost:Member Rate: €35 | Practice Rate: €30
Location:RIAI Digital Chalk
RIAI CPD:1 CPD Structured Point
The RIAI hosted a CPD session presented by Evelyn Partners on 28 February. The focus of the CPD was on Financial and Cashflow Management, with a particular emphasis on providing guidance to small architectural practices and sole practitioners.
The CPD training course will cover the following topics:
- Planning for profit: learn best practices for budgeting, setting income and expenditure targets, and managing working capital.
- Preparing for your future: planning ahead to manage fixed and variable operational costs, projected expenditures, and depreciation.
- Financial reporting: understand the importance of cashflow budgeting, financial tracking, and picking up the phone.
- Financial Control: gain insights into cashflow statements and project fees, and learn strategies for keeping your business on track.
- Navigating Volatility: Stay ahead of current issues and learn how to manage volatility in today's business environment.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify key areas of operation for effective financial and cashflow management.
Recommended reading: RIAI Good Practice Guide, Section 2: Administration and Financial Procedures / 9 Financial Control.
Stephen Scott, Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland, Partner at Evelyn Partners
A corporate services specialist with more than 20 years' experience across a number of sectors on informal advisory work, Independent Business Reports (IBRs), financial due diligence, cash flow modelling and valuation assignments. He sits on the Professional Practice Group within Evelyn Partners and contributes to the firm’s Annual Law Survey.
Stephen is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland and he has also completed CAI's Diploma in Insolvency, Certificate in Personal Insolvency, Diploma in Forensic Accounting and Diploma in Corporate Finance. He has significant corporate recovery experience working on numerous liquidations, receiverships, examinerships, bankruptcies and informal advisory assignments. He is a founding member of Restructuring & Insolvency Ireland and he currently sits on both its Council and Law Reform Committee.
Julian Caffrey, Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Senior Manager at Evelyn Partners
Julian has provided accounting and business outsource services to clients for over fifteen years. He specialises in the provision of accounting and outsource solutions to government departments and state agencies. He has significant experience in providing private company and public sector financial statements and management accounts, private client and business tax compliance and secretarial compliance. He also sits on the Information Technology Steering Committee within Evelyn Partners.
Harman Murtagh, Member of Chartered Accountants Ireland, Senior Manager at Evelyn Partners
Harman has been working in advisory for 10 years and his experience is across many different sectors. He has significant experience in providing informal advisory advice, assessing repayment capacity of businesses, financial due diligence, cash flow modelling valuation assignments and assisting in the preparation of business plans. He also sits as a member of the Professional Practices Group within Evelyn Partners and contributes to the ‘firm performance’ section of the Evelyn Partners Annual Law Survey.
This pre-recorded event is delivered via RIAI DigitalChalk:
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of completion.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate on completion of the online course.