- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI and Architecture Ireland Future Award 2023
Awarded in association with the RIAI Journal, Architecture Ireland, the RIAI Future Award seeks to recognise emerging talent in Irish architecture.
Who can enter
This Award is open to individual Registered Architects, who have been RIAI registered members for ten years or less, on or before 31 December 2023.
This award is for both individuals working for themselves, and individuals working as an employee of an architectural practice or other organisation.
(a) Individuals can enter themselves
(b) Individuals can also be nominated by another RIAI member (including an employer, colleague, etc.)
The Jury is seeking work from individuals who show exceptional skill and talent in any of the following areas related to architecture: design, practice, research, writing, public engagement, and education, for example. Both entries which focus on one particular project and those that detail a broad range of activities are welcomed.
Benefits of entering for the shortlisted Architects:
- Gain recognition as an emerging Irish architectural talent
- Be part of the RIAI’s national publicity campaign around the Future Award
- Avail of great publicity opportunities on the RIAI and Architecture Ireland social media channels
- Publication in the RIAI journal Architecture Ireland
How to enter
Those who wish to enter for the award, or are nominated, are requested to enter online by completing the form provided below.
Please add the following digital material to a ZIP file named in the following format: Future Award_2023_name.zip and upload it via WeTransfer or Dropbox, adding the link as directed in the application form:
- A4 Booklet (saved with your name and year, e.g. Future Award_Booklet_Jane Smith_2023.pdf). Use your A4 booklet to tell the story of how you practice. Alongside images, please also use drawings and text. Booklets should be a maximum of 15 pages in length.
- A minimum of 5 and up to 10 landscape images (1020px in width, and no taller than 662px in height), JPG format. Each image should be individually saved in number sequence with the entrant and the photographer's name, for example, Jane Smith_photographer name_1.jpg. Please identify one photograph as your publicity image. All images must be appropriately credited.
Please complete all Required Fields (*).