- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Pre-recorded Online: RIAI CPD on Cashel Palace by Una Ní Mhearain, MRIAI
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Pre-recorded Online
Cost:RIAI Member €35 | RIAI Practice Member €30
Location:Online CPD Course
RIAI CPD:1.5 Structured CPD Points
The RIAI present a recording of the RIAI Conservation / Meet the Craftsman CPD Series: CPD on Cashel Palace by Una Ní Mhearain, MRIAI. This lecture took place on 16 September 2021.
The aim of the talk is to look at the challenges of integration of retained historic buildings with new development within a site of National Importance.
On completion of this course attendees should have a knowledge of;
- Understand & Evaluation of the significance of a complex site and understanding how the works might impact the significance and how the impact can be minimised.
- The importance of research in helping to inform key decisions.
- Conflicting demands and Co-ordination of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Identifying materials and construction techniques.
- Specialist techniques for repair.
- Importance of inspection and attention to detail.
Úna Ni Mhearáin is an architect in private practice. She is an associate in Consarc Design Group, a multi-disciplinary practice, with a specialist Conservation department. She has a master’s in Building and Urban Conservation (MUBC) from UCD and is an RIAI Grade 1 accredited architect. Úna has been responsible for all aspects of a wide range of projects from inception to completion in Ireland. Her experience includes all aspects of conservation work, from procurement, to writing conservation management plans to detailed design, specification and running projects on site. Projects include medieval structures, 18th century country houses, Victorian buildings, schools, churches, and bank buildings, with a range of both public sector, commercial and private clients.
Una is a member of ICOMOS and is currently chair of the Building Limes Forum Ireland (BLFI).
This online CPD course is delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk.
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of completion.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate on completion of the online course.