- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI Gold Medal 2013-2015
Entries for the RIAI Gold Medal are now open. Members are now invited to submit entries for projects completed in the years of 2013, 2014, and 2015.
The submission deadline for all entries has been extended to Monday, 12 February at 5.00pm.
The RIAI Gold Medal is the highest honour in Irish Architecture and has been presented by the RIAI since 1934 for a design of exceptional merit by an RIAI Architect, in Ireland or internationally. The project must be completed within a defined three-year period and the medal is awarded several years after completion so that the success of the building can be confirmed by the passage of time.
Past recipients of the RIAI Gold Medal have included Michael Scott (Busáras), Arthur Gibney and Partners (Irish Management Institute), Liam McCormick (Burt Church), de Blacam and Meagher (The Library at CIT), O’Donnell + Tuomey (Ranelagh Multidenominal School and Lyric Theatre), Des McMahon (Croke Park), Tom Maher and Kevin Bates (Poustinia) and Grafton Architects (Bocconi University).
Eligible entries must have been practically completed between 1 January 2013 and 31 December 2015 by Registered Architects.
Entries can be made online using the form below.
Please add the following digital material to a folder of no more than 10MB, named in the following format: GM_project_practice, and upload it to WeTransfer or Dropbox, adding the link as directed in the application form:
- Architect’s Statement (a brief account of your project)
- 5-10 x exterior and interior images (max 1020px x 662px) in JPG format. Each image should be individually saved in number sequence, named in the following format: project_practice_photographer_1.jpg. Please identify one photograph as your publicity image. All images must be appropriately credited.
- 5 x key drawings in PDF format
There is no charge for entering a project for the RIAI Gold Medal.
Please address all enquiries by email to Maeve Power, Assistant Director of Architecture and Communications.