- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Design Certifier and Assigned Certifier
An Architect is typically the most appropriate professional to act as Design Certifier and Assigned Certifier under the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations, S.I.9 of 2014. Although an Architect may also be the Assigned Certifier on a project, it is important to note that there is a requirement within the regulations that this appointment be made under a separate agreement.