- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
An Architect can advise on how to optimise the potentially sustainability of a project by advising on such features as site orientation, building fabric, lifecycle costs, and predicted energy and water consumption. By focusing on effective and appropriate design responses, an Architect can help minimise the material and energy required in the construction and operation of new and existing buildings.