- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI Silver Medal for Housing
Entries for the RIAI Silver Medal for Housing are now open.
This year’s award is for the period of 2018-2019.
The submission deadline for all entries is Wednesday, 1 November at 5.00pm.
The RIAI Silver Medal for Housing is the highest award for housing design given by the RIAI. It is a biennial award made to encourage excellence of design in housing. It is awarded to an architect or architectural practice for projects of exceptional merit completed within the specified two-year period. The medal is awarded several years after completion so that the success of the building can be confirmed by the passage of time.
Eligible entries must have been practically completed between 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2019 by Registered Architects. Entries can include housing schemes and blocks of apartments, both public and private, as well as groups of buildings of a single multi-functional housing/dwelling type.
The presentation of the RIAI Silver Medal for Housing will take place at the joint RIAI and DHPLG National Housing Conference in March 2024.
Entries can be made online using the form below.
Please add the following digital material to a zip file of no more than 10MB, named in the following format: SMH_project_practice_year.zip, and upload it via WeTransfer or Dropbox, adding the link as directed in the application form:
- Architect’s Statement (please give a brief account of your project)
- 5-10 x landscape images (1020px in width, and no taller than 662px in height) in JPG format (must include exterior and interior images). Each image should be individually saved in number sequence with the project, named in the following format: project_practice_photographer_1.jpg. Please identify one photograph as your publicity image. All images must be appropriately credited.
- 5 x key drawings in PDF format
There is no charge for entering a project for the RIAI Silver Medal for Housing.
For further information, please email Maeve Power, Assistant Director of Architecture and Communications.