- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Enter Now - The RIAI and Architecture Ireland Future Award 2022 - Deadline Extended
The Future Awards deadline has been extended to 12 noon on Thursday 8 September.
Awarded in association with the RIAI Journal, Architecture Ireland. The Future Award seeks to recognise new talent in Irish architecture. The prize acknowledges the wide variety of ways in which architects can contribute to the advancement of architectural culture, generally, with an emphasis on the contribution individuals can make to their practice, the profession, and the public. We are delighted to announce a prize fund of €5,000 courtesy of Graphisoft.
Who can enter
This is an award for individual registered architects, who have been RIAI registered members for ten years or less, on or before 31 December 2022.
This award is for both individuals working for themselves, and individuals working as an employee of an architectural practice or other organisation.
(A) Individuals can enter themselves. (B) Individuals can also be nominated by another RIAI member (including an employer, colleague etc.).
The jury is seeking work from individuals who show exceptional skill and talent in any of the following areas related to architecture: design, practice, research, writing, public engagement, and education, for example. Both entries which focus on one particular project and those that detail a broad range of activities are welcomed.
How to enter
Those who wish to enter for the award, or are nominated, are requested to enter online by completing the form provided below and forwarding, with an accompanying A1 digital board, and images as a downloadable link to email@example.com Use your A1 digital board to tell the story of how you practice. Alongside images, please also use drawings.
For all digital material please ensure the following is in order:
- The entry form is formatted as a word doc file and saved with your name and year For example: Future Award_Jane Smith_2022
- Images should be formatted as individual jpg files in low res. Please Submit a minimum of 5 and up to 10 landscape images (1020px in width, and no taller than 662px in height) JPG. format. Each image should be individually saved in number sequence. Jane smith_phtographer name_1 – the number sequence should reflect your journey and story – please choose one photo as your publicity image and mark it as publicity image. All images must be appropriately credited.
- Finally all digital material should be saved into a folder as a zip file as: your entry name_future award_2022.
The above is for admin purposes and will not be seen by any jury.
The submission deadline for all entries is 12 noon on Thursday 8 September.
Pictured: Laurence Lord of AP+E, Future Award Winner 2021.