- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Submit your Project for house + design 2023
We are delighted to announce a call-out for projects for the RIAI’s 2023 issue of house + design – Ireland’s unique magazine featuring only architect-designed homes, complete with advice and topical information to support those planning to build, renovate or extend.
The Editor, Sandra O'Connell, and Editorial Board are currently looking for projects for consideration that have been completed within the last 12 months and have not been published in another Irish magazine, themes include:
- Homes that support sustainable living and represent a well-considered design response to the clients’ needs and brief
- Projects that demonstrate the adaptive re-use of existing buildings into homes, particularly those in towns or urban neighbourhoods
- New homes that promote the use of intensification and infill sites or sensitively address their context
- All projects must be designed by a Registered Architect
What you need to submit
- A PDF of max 5 pages with a selection of images, drawings and short text (100 words) that tell the story of your project. Please include also photos and drawings of the context. How does the projet merit publication?
- Professional photography - this must be available at the time of publication (March) but interim photos can be submitted for the initial call-out.
- Photographs need to present homes as ‘lived-in’ with furniture, people, pets, accessories, as our readers are interested in this level of detail.
- All selected projects will be asked to *submit a detailed list of suppliers to assist our commercial team.
- Please submit your project to our production manager Georgina Nichols by Monday 23 January.
- Members might be also interested to submit an article idea on a topical issue relating to residential design, please send us a short 100-200 word proposal.
(*) As the RIAI's house + design is published in a highly competitive sector, with much competition from other consumer magazines, the publishers will seek your support in identifying specialist contractors and suppliers and products who could be interested in supporting the magazine through advertising.
We look forward to hearing from you!
You can read our last issues on the RIAI website.