- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Pre-recorded Online: RIAI CPD on Fire Safety Considerations For Existing Buildings
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Pre-recorded Online
Cost:RIAI Member €15 (was €65), RIAI Practice: €10 (was €55)
The aim of this CPD event to provide an update on fire safety considerations for existing buildings. The CPD will consider the assessment, remediation, ongoing management and maintenance of fire safety provisions existing buildings.
On completion of this course attendees should have a knowledge of:
- An overview of fire safety definitions; fire certificate, 7 day notice, Fire Services Act etc. statutory fire safety obligations relevant to existing buildings.
- Implications of the draft recommendations of Grenville Fire Report by DHCLG
- The Fire Officer’s view of issues problems that arise and missing information/approach to remedial works/legacy issues
- The significance of the Safety File and the Safety Register and how to advise your client
- Application of BS9999 as an alternative to TGD B for existing buildings
- Guidance on preparation of a due diligence report fire for an institution/client
This online CPD course, delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk, comprises of a live recording of the RIAI Fire Safety CPD which took place in Dublin on 13 June 2018.
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of registration.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate for 4 structured CPD points on completion of the online CPD.
- Each session will begin with a presentation on the theme for that session by a keynote speaker as an expert in the field.