- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Pre-recorded Online: COVID-19 Return to Office Planning – Framework for Legislation, Employer & Employee Responsibilities, Protocols, Risk Measures and Inspection for Architecture Practice
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
Cost:RIAI Members: €30; RIAI Practice Members: €25
The RIAI present a recording of the CPD webinar on factors to be considered when returning to the office. This online CPD course comprises of live recordings from the Webinar that took place on 19 June 2020.
Who should attend
Employer, Employee, COVID-19 Co-ordinator, Office Manager
CPD Webinar Aim
The aim of the course is to help architectural practices prepare for a phased and gradual return to working from the office. The role of the COVID-19 coordinator in an organisation, risk assessment at organisational and employee level.
This webinar will focus on:
- Health & Safety and the Employer and Employee.
- The role of the COVID-19 Co-ordinator.
- Communication to mitigate inefficiency and anxiety.
- Principles of Site Inspection; obligations to inspect and the impact of COVID-19; alternative means of adequately inspecting.
- Working from home and phased return to office.
- Case studies on developing a COVID-19 Response Plan and Protocol.
- Near/short term view of COVID-19 constraints for Architects.
- Opportunities for Architects providing a service to industry.
On completion of this course, attendees should have gained an understanding of:
- Critical aspects of COVID-19 Risk Assessment at Organisation and Employee level.
- The role and obligations of the COVID-19 Co-Ordinator.
- The duties and obligations of the Employer and Employee for Return to Office and Work from Home.
- GDPR obligations.
- Principles of Risk Assessment; mitigation measures; identification of hazards.
- Practical considerations pre-return to Office.
- Identifying service opportunities for Architects to provide solutions through design.
- Site Inspections from the office or home to construction site
- Alternative means of adequately inspecting
- Considerations for meeting clients for prospective job
- Opportunities for Architects to position themselves as client go-to to optimise planning
This online CPD course is delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of completion.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate for 2 structured CPD points on completion of the online course.
01 - Introduction: ‘Return to Work Safely Protocol’, RIAI Proposals for the Reopening of Offices - Martin Donnelly, FRIAI (Chair)
02 - Employer/ Employee Responsibility - Úna Glazier-Farmer, BL
03 - Health & Safety Risk Assessment - Paddy MacNeill, FRIAI
04 - COVID-19 Response Plan - Martin Donnelly, FRIAI
05 - Office Planning and Protocols - Anne-Marie Saul-Rotne, MRIAI
06 - Site Inspection and Risk Assessment - Joe Kennedy, FRIAI
07 - Q&A