- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Closure and Recommencement of Construction Sites – COVID-19 Implications and Key Considerations (May 2020)
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Pre-recorded Online
Cost:RIAI Members & RIAI Practices: €55
Location:RIAI Digital Chalk
The RIAI presents a CPD webinar on the implications of the closure of construction sites on the Public Works Contract, the role of the PSDP/Contract Administrator/Construction Regulator Duty Holders under the RIAI Contract and Public Works Contract in the recommencement of construction sites from 18 May 2020 and key considerations during this period.
The RIAI President Ciaran O’Connor will introduce the CPD event in the context of the Public Works building contract and a return to construction sites.
Paddy MacNeill, B. Arch (UCD), FRIAI, Dip. Safety Health and Welfare at Work (UCD), CMIOSH
Edel Collins, MRIAI Dip. Arch B. Arch, IPMA-C, Assistant Principal Architect, Head of Major Projects Unit, Office of Public Works
Ger Harvey, MRIAI, Assistant Principal Architect, Office of Public Works
Dr. Suzy FitzGerald, Consultant Microbiologist, St. Vincent's University Hospital
The webinar focuses on:
- Health & Safety and the role of the PSDP / Designers / Client / PSCS
- Communication Protocol with Contractor
- The role of Contractor
- The role of the Employer's Representative
- The role of the Architect
- The role of the Client
- BC(A)R and Role of Assigned Certifier
- The role of Standing Conciliator in Public Works Contracts
- Site Inspections and Visits
In terms of Public Procurement, the webinar considers:
- projects where tender documents have already been issued
- projects where tenders are in the process of being assessed
- projects that are to go to tender soon
- the Statutory Processes
- Critical aspects of the Building Contractor returning to work after the site lockdown by the Irish Government Directive.
- Aspects of the administration of the building contracts that affect health and safety and the regulatory requirements for re-commencement of building on-site.
- The role and obligations of the PSDP, Employer's Representative, and others representing the Employer.
- The duties and obligations of the Builder on site.
- An appraisal of the effect of the lockdown on the procurement process.
This online CPD course comprises of live recordings from the Webinar that took place on 20 May 2020.
This online CPD course is delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of completion.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate for 2.5 structured CPD points on completion of the online course.