- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI UDTF CPD: Compliance with Revised Part M 2022 - Booked Out
- CPD Events
- Member Events
- RIAI CPD Links
- Featured CPD Events
Date:Tuesday 21 March 2023
Time:12.00pm - 2.00pm
Cost:Member Rate: €75 | Practice Rate: €70
RIAI CPD:2 CPD Structured Points
Make sure you're up to date with the latest 2022 revisions to Part M of the Building Regulations and TGD M with the RIAI UDTF upcoming CPD training event. If you are working on public, commercial, and retail buildings, this CPD is for you. This course will cover the regulatory compliance framework for the design of Changing Places, providing you with a comprehensive understanding of the technical requirements.
The aim of the CPD course is to advise RIAI members about the revisions to Part M of the Building Regulations and Technical Guidance Document M 2022 that provides for the provision of Changing Places (Carer Assisted Accessible Toilets.) The CPD will increase awareness and understanding of the benefits of providing Changing Places Toilets and on the technical and design requirements to demonstrate compliance.
The CPD course will cover the following topics:
- Context for the provision of Changing Places
- Revisions to TGD M – Access and Use
- Buildings to which the provision of Changing Places will be required
- Transitional arrangements
- Case Studies
- Proposed CEUD Guidelines to support the implementation of TGD M 2022.
Building Regulations Technical Guidance Document M 2022 Access and Use
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
LO1: define the benefits of providing Changing Places Toilets.
LO2: Identify the revisions to Part M of the Building Regulations and Technical Guidance Document M 2022
LO3: implement revisions to Part M of the Building Regulations and Technical Guidance Document M 2022 and design Changing Places Toilets successfully.
- Paul McDermott, Advisor Building Standards, in Department of Housing, Local Government + Heritage
- Fionnuala Rogerson, Fionnuala Rogerson Architects, RIAI UDTF, UIA Architecture for All Work Programme
- Linda Horgan, AOTI, Cork Occupational Therapy Services Ltd, UCC
- Ruth O’Reilly, Senior Built Environment Design Advisor, Centre for Excellence in Universal Design
- Aaron Daly and Karen Smith representatives from Changing Places Ireland (CPI)
- Chair – Helge Koester, EML Architects, UDTF
How to Join Webinar
When your booking has been confirmed, you will receive instructions and a unique link to join the webinar, at the specified time and date. Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you. Before joining, be sure to check your system requirements to avoid any connection issue.
This webinar will be recorded to purchase for future delivery via RIAI Digital Chalk.
|Time||Description/ Topic||Learning Outcome||Proposed Presenter|
|12.00||Introduction by RIAI||Chair – Helge Koester, EML Architects, UDTF|
|12.05||Presentation - Context for the provision of Changing Places||Aaron Daly and Karen Smith, Changing Places Ireland|
|12.20||Presentation - Revisions to TGD M – Access and Use||Paul McDermott, Advisor Building Standards, in Department of Housing, Local Government + Heritage|
|13.00||Presentation - Case studies||Fionnuala Rogerson, Fionnuala Rogerson Architects, RIAI UDTF, UIA Architecture for All Work Programme & Linda Horgan, Cork Occupational Therapy Services Ltd|
|13.20||Presentation - Universal Design Guidelines for Changing Places Toilets: Supporting Good Practice||Ruth O’Reilly, Senior Built Environment Design Advisor, Centre for Excellence in Universal Design|
|13.45||Q+A (20 minutes)|
|14.00||Close||Chair – Helge Koester, EML Architects, UDTF|