I have no formal qualifications

If you believe that you have been performing duties in the Irish State commensurate with those of an Architect for ten years prior to 1 May 2008, you may consider applying to the Technical Assessment Board for assessment of eligibility for registration. This is known as Technical Assessment under Route E.

Route E assessments are run on a cyclical basis. The cycles for 2020/2021 are set out below but may be subject to change:

Spring 2020 Autumn 2020 Spring 2021 Autumn 2021
Submission Deadline (12 noon) 24 February 2020 21 September 2020 22 February 2021 20 September 2021
Processing of Application March October March October
Assessment of Application and Portfolios by Assessors April November April November
Interview by Assessors May December/January May December/January
Assessment by Technical Assessment Board June/July February/March June/July February/March

If you have successfully completed the Architects Register Admission Examination and are at least thirty-five years of age, you may apply for admission through Route F.