- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
About Architecture Ireland
Architecture Ireland is the journal of the RIAI. Its objective is to be a forum for excellence in architectural practice, featuring the work of RIAI-registered architects in Ireland and abroad. Editorial standards are overseen by a long-standing editorial board, which is composed of practising architects and representatives of the RIAI, including the current RIAI President.
Architecture Ireland operates an ongoing open call for submissions for recently completed built work. All projects will be reviewed by the Architecture Ireland editorial board, who shall confirm if a submitted work has been selected for publication.
How to Submit a Project
There is no particular criteria to be met in terms of a building's scale, type, function, etc. and all submissions shall be assessed according to the independent architectural quality of each.
All forwarded content must include, as a minimum, the following items in order to allow for a comprehensive review:
- 1 x architects' report (max. 400 words)
- 1 x photographs of the project in its surrounding context
- 4 x photographs of exterior views of the project
- 4 x photographs of interior views of the project
- 1 x site plan / ground floor plan
- 1 x typical floor plan
- 1 x section
Additional content may be submitted at the architects' discretion. Further information may be requested at the board's discretion.
To be eligible for publication, submissions must fulfil the following requirements:
- All projects must have been undertaken by an RIAI-registered architect or practice.
- All projects must be submitted within nine months of practical/substantial completion. A date of completion should be provided with each submission.
- Submitted projects must not have been published, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere, either online or in print.
- All projects submitted must be available for a building visit to be undertaken by an independent writer/reviewer.
- All submissions must be supplied to the editor, Michael K. Hayes; digitally via wetransfer.com or by post to 8 Merrion Square, Dublin 2.
Any queries regarding submission may be addressed to the editor.
Ciaran O’Connor (RIAI President)
Kathryn Meghen (RIAI CEO)
John McLaughlin (Chair)
Sinéad Hughes (Vice Chair)
Architecture Ireland is published six times a year, by Architecture Ireland Publishing Limited, and is distributed to all members of the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland, in Ireland. For editorial, advertising, or general queries, please get in touch with a member of the Architecture Ireland team via the contact details provided below.
Editor Michael K. Hayes / firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial and Advertising Sales Derek Moroney / email@example.com / 086 3536139
Production Manager Georgina Nichols / firstname.lastname@example.org
Printing W&G Baird
9 Sandyford Office Park