- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
at OBFA Architects
Employer's AddressOBFA Architects. 1 Johnson Place, Dublin 2
Closing Date:02 Jun 2023
OBFA Architects was founded in 2013 and has steadily built a reputation in innovative design using technology and education. The Practice is delivering projects across multiple sectors including housing, education, arts & culture and healthcare. Our current portfolio includes two major urban realm & conservation projects, two museum projects, as well as a number of important public commissions assisting Ireland towards its Programme for Government.
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Architectural Technologist to assist in the delivery of a number of varied & exciting projects throughout Ireland.
The successful candidate will be interested in all work stages including concept feasibility, the preparation of planning and tender documentation – detailing and specification - and construction stage site-based work including site inspections and building regulation compliance. The role includes working with architects and the practice director. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop professionally including direct site experience and involvement towards a technology lead role for future projects. The successful candidate will have good building construction knowledge and several years’ experience developing projects through Revit, to completion on site. They will be keen to develop their architectural technology skills through BIM implementation at a busy, energetic, and flexible practice.
The position can involve a hybrid working role, with 3 days in our city-centre based office and up to two days remotely. The Practice operates 3 design studios. As Architectural Technologist you will work across projects in the Studios, including site inspection work as required. Project teams at the practice tend to work on c.4-5 live projects at any one time.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated with a collaborative attitude to teamwork in a medium size practice.
- A level 7 degree or equivalent in Architectural Technology with 2/3 years’ experience (post-graduation).
- Strong detailing and construction knowledge based on experience, with an enthusiasm for quality design, detailing and model production.
- A high degree of competency in Autodesk REVIT and associated software’s within the Autodesk Construction Suite.
- In depth familiarity with the Irish Building Regulations and Building Control Processes.
- Experience in the preparation and development of construction drawings & models for non-domestic projects.
- Experience of working in a BIM (Level 2) project delivery environment is desirable.
Please reply, with Cover Letter, CV and Portfolio of examples of work, as one file (in pdf) to email@example.com Please do not send links.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE