- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
International Design Competition - Romanian Children’s Hospital Cluj-Napoca
The Romanian Order of Architects and the Cluj County Council have launched the 'Childrens' Hospital Cluj Napoca' International Design Competition.
Cluj-Napoca Emergency Clinical Children’s Hospital will function as an independent structure, with regional addressability, being the first public hospital in the Transylvania area to offer integrated medical services in the field of paediatrics. Through this approach, the Contracting Authority aims to develop a centre for medical services and research in the field of paediatrics, which also plays the role of an urban catalyst in an area undergoing urbanization.
The project of the Emergency Clinical Children’s Hospital aims to provide an example of best practice both in terms of medical architecture and in terms of urbanization of an area which is currently in an early stage of development.
The objectives pursued by the Contracting Authority are as follows:
- Develop a medical and research services centre in the field of paediatrics, with regional addressability and a high degree of accessibility for all patients
- Build a new hospital building, designed in accordance with current standards in the field, a building in which the professionalism and promptness of medical staff shall be supported by specialized design
- Create a space centred around the patient's needs, able to make use of all architectural tools (from form to the relationship between spaces to finishes) in order to create a therapeutic environment, able to reduce the stress generated by the medical act
- Generate a development pole for an area currently undergoing a process of urbanization
- The Contracting Authority of the competition is the Cluj County Council, the owner of the land
The competition is organized by the Order of Architects of Romania, in accordance with the Competition Regulations of the International Union of Architects - UIA - and the provisions of the International Recommendations for Architecture and Urbanism Competitions adopted at the UNESCO General Conference of 1956, revised on November 27, 1978, in compliance with the provisions of the legislation in force regarding the award of public procurement contracts.
1 Prize: 6.510.000 EUR, VAT exclusive
2 Prize: 75.000 EUR
3 Prize: 45.000 EUR
1st Mention: 10.000 EUR
2nd Mention: 10.000 EUR
arch. Claudiu Salanță
dr. Aldea Cornel Olimpiu
dr. Vasile-Florin Stamatian
arch. Benedict Zucchi
arch. Jan de Vylder
arch. urb. Bogdan Traian Bogoescu
arch. Vlad Rusu – OART representative
arch. Dominic Hook
arch. Emil Burbea
The Design Competition is a public, single-stage competition, open to Romania, all countries of the European Union, of the European Economic Area, and to the Swiss Confederation.
12/02/2021 – Official launch of the competition
04/06/2021, 16:00 Romanian time zone – Deadline for project submission
13/06 – 17/06/2021 – Jury assessment of the projects
18/06/2021 – Official announcement of the winner
For further information visit competition website oar.archi/en/concursuri/children-s-hospital-cluj.