- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
U Design for real people, an Inspiring Online Event with Lieven Scheire
- Other CPD Events
Date:Thursday 17 September 2020
Time:1.00pm - 2.00pm
Universal Design or Design for All is a user-centred design approach with esthetically pleasing solutions for a large and diverse group of users. Its resulting user comfort is independent of physical abilities, age, gender, culture, language or learning style.
Listen to interesting international speakers and see some examples of good practices. Get to see the winning designs of the design contest U Design for real people for architecture, interior design or product design students.
Lieven Scheire, comedian, physicist and science communicator.
- Bart Somers, Vice-Minister-President of the Government of Flanders and Flemish Minister for Home Affairs, Administrative Affairs, Civic Integration and Equal Opportunities
- Onny Eikhaug, president of EIDD Design for All Europe
- Wendy Metten, managing director of Inter
Partly Dutch, partly English. Subtitles in Dutch or English are available.
- Welcome word by Wendy Metten
- Lieven Scheire: Universal Design, an advantage for all
- Onny Eikhaug: Design for All - a people-centred strategy for innovation and inclusion
- Lieven Scheire about the design contest U Design for real people
- Flanders fosters the high quality designers of the future: minister Bart Somers hands out the awards to the winners of the design contest
- Interviews with winning student teams in architecture, interior design and product design about their designs
- Good practices with Lieven Scheire
- the accessible office building Herman Teirlinck in Brussels
- Bokrijk, an open air museum with an accessible infrastructure and an inclusive visitor experience
- accessible and inclusive events at the Ghelamco Arena in Gent
Inter, expert center in accessibility and Universal Design, in collaboration with the Flemish Agency for Domestic Governance and Equal Opportunities in Flanders.
Note: You can register until 15 September.