- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP), 15 September & 22 September
- CPD Events
- Live Webinars
- Member Events
- Live Interactive Session
Date:Wednesday 15 September 2021 - Wednesday 22 September 2021
Time:9.00am - 5.00pm
Cost:RIAI Member & RIAI Practice: €660.00
Location:Live Interactive Session
RIAI CPD:20 Structured Points
The RIAI, in conjunction with Paddy MacNeill and Cathal Mooney will present the RIAI Project Supervisor Design Process Programme CPD in a live online-training format.
The RIAI, in partnership with SBD Safety By Design and Scott MacNeill Architects, present "Project Supervisor Design Process" in a live online-training format.
The two-day intensive programme designed specifically for professionals in the field of architecture. The programme includes (on successful completion of the two days and an assessment) accreditation by the RIAI as a trained Project Supervisor Design Process. This is an intense and interactive course from start to finish with involvement from the participant in workshops and discussions.
To provide Architects and Architectural Technologists with the knowledge and a system to assist them in undertaking the role of the Project Supervisor Design Process.
Mr. Paddy MacNeill: MRIAI, Dip. SHWW, CMIOSH, Scott MacNeill Architects
Mr. Cathal Mooney: Dip. SHWW, CMIOSH, Safety By Design and author and presenter of the RIAI "Safety by Design" CPD Course
Day 1- Paddy MacNeill
- Principles of Design Risk Assessment.
- Design Team Co-ordination
- Designing for Safe Maintenance
- Temporary Works Co-ordination
- Workshop-Project Inception, Risk Assessment, Preliminary Plan, Construction Stage Co-ordination and Safety File Preparation
Day 2- Cathal Mooney
- The Legal Framework
- Duties of the Client
- Duties of Designers
- Duties of the PSDP
- Preliminary Plan
- Safety File
The course is delivered by the means of lectures and workshops.
Eligibility Criteria for attending the RIAI Project Supervisor Design Process Programme
RIAI CPD is a service provided by the RIAI for its members. This programme is designed for qualified Architects and Architectural Technologists. For the programme to provide the greatest benefit to all participants it is essential that those participating have a proven level of existing knowledge. Successful completion of the programme and the associated assessment confers eligibility for RIAI accreditation as a trained Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP).
It is essential, therefore, that suitable entry criteria are in place to ensure:
a) that all participants achieve the learning outcomes defined for the programme, and
b) that the interests of those engaging the services of individuals accredited on the basis of passing the programme assessment are protected through ensuring that all accredited individuals are appropriately qualified.
On this basis, the entry requirements for the programme are as follows:
- All participants in the programme must be able to demonstrate Qualification to the level of FRIAI, MRIAI, or Architect (i.e. Registered Architect under the Building Control ACT 2007), or RIAI (Arch. Tech.)
- The RIAI is not in a position to assess qualifications or experience solely for the purposes of entry to this programme, therefore all prospective participants must have one or more of the above qualifications
- The programme is based on participants having an existing level of knowledge of health and safety in design. The RIAI therefore strongly recommends that architects working in a design capacity on any scale of project should complete the Safety by Design course in advance of attending the RIAI accredited PSDP course
How to Join Webinar
When your booking has been confirmed, you will receive instructions and a unique link to join the webinar, at the specified time and date. Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you. Before joining, be sure to check your system requirements to avoid any connection issue.
Terms and Conditions
Confirmation is subject to event fee being finalised. Cancellation fees calculated at 50% of the estimated total bill will be charge for confirmed bookings cancelled less than 5 working days prior to the date of the planned event. A replacement person can attend instead. Cancellations made the day prior to an event will be charged 75% of the total estimated bill. No-shows will be charged the full fee. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing by email. RIAI will not be liable for any costs in the event of a course being re-scheduled.