- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI CPD Links:Certified Passive House Designer & NZEB Specialist (Webinar Series until 18 February)
- RIAI CPD Links
Date:Tuesday 02 February 2021 - Thursday 18 February 2021
Time:9.00am - 2.00pm
RIAI CPD:45 Structured CPD Points
9 half-day ‘live’ webinar modules led by Tomás O’Leary, from 9.00am (sharp) to 2.00pm on the dates below, followed by 3 days-equivalent e-learning that you’ll complete in your own time and at your own pace.
Dates for the nine modules are listed below:
- Tuesday, 2nd February 2021 - Module 1: Principles and Performance Standards
- Wednesday, 3rd February 2021 - Module 2: Highly Insulated & Thermal-Bridge-Free Envelopes
- Thursday,4th February 2021 - Module 3: Superior Airtightness & Vapour Control
- Tuesday, 9th February 2021 - Module 4: Windows for Energy Balancing & Comfort
- Wednesday, 10th February 2021 - Module 5: Delivering Indoor Air Quality through Active Ventilation
- Thursday, 11th February 2021 - Module 6: Next-generation Heating & Hot Water Systems
- Tuesday, 16th February 2021 - Module 7: Economics, Quality Assurance & Certification
- Wednesday, 17th February 2021 - Module 8: 3D Passive House Design Tool ‘designPH’
- Thursday, 18th February 2021 - Module 9: Passive House Planning Package
The following format is used for this on-line course:
- Series of nine ‘live’ (not recorded) webinar modules led by MosArt Director Tomás O’Leary.
- Each module deals with a central theme of high performance buildings and consists of a five hour session from 9am to 2pm with two 15 minute coffee breaks part-way.
- We’re using what we feel is the best webinar tool available for professional and reliable online education in this field, namely Zoom. It allows us to issue quizzes and polls along the way to check your progress and also to issue additional materials throughout the course.
- At the end of each module, you’ll receive a link to watch a full video recording of that session. So, fear not if you have to put the cat out or if there’s yet another baking-emergency in the kitchen.
- The last two modules of the course deal with the cool Sketchup plug-in software ‘designPH’ used to design Passive House projects in 3-D as well as Passive House Planning Package energy modelling tool used to fine-tune your project.
- In addition to the on-line content, you’ll receive (by post) a hard-copy manual of all the slides so you can make your own notes as you progress. You’ll also receive a hard copy of the PHPP manual in the same package (the software used to design Passive House projects).
- Once the nine webinar modules have been completed, you will then complete our online self-guided exam preparation modules over a four week period leading up to the exam on 11th March.
- You’ll need to invest the equivalent of about three days on the on-line exam preparation course, so about a half-day per week should do it.
- The exam preparation course includes presentation videos, calculation exercises, true-false questions and a Passive House design assignment which you’ll scan/photograph and send to us for personalised review. We’ll be with you every step of the way.
- The programme culminates on 11th March with the Certified Passive House Designer exam, a 3-hour ‘open-book’ (bring all your notes!) exam.
- On passing the exam, you’ll (a) receive a formal certificate from the German Passive House Institute and (b) find yourself listed on the global map and database of Certified Passive House Designers (see map of designers here)
Training, Software and Exam Fees
The overall course fee is €1,995 (VAT exempt) payable in three equal parts and includes the following:
- All of the above-listed live webinar modules by Tomás O’Leary.
- Digital copy of the training manual and hard-copy of the PHPP (software) manual, posted to you.
- Full access to the on-line self-directed exam preparation course with learning support and personalised reviews from our dedicated expert educators.
- Your own fully-registered version of the latest version of the Passive House energy modelling software (PHPP Version 9).
- A download link to a free demo-version with some limitations of the 3-d modelling tool ‘designPH’. If you really enjoy that tool, you can buy the full version directly from the Passive House Institute.
- Passive House exam fee (worth €350), including international accreditation and listing on passing the exam.
- Personalised RIAI (or other) CPD cert covering 45 hours formal education.
We recognise that ‘cashflow is king’ in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis, so we’ve split the total fee of €1,995 into three equal payments as listed below:
- Deposit of €665 before 2nd February to register for the 9 live webinars;
- 2nd payment of €665 by 20th February;
- Final payment of €665 by 5th March.
To secure your place on the course, please click 'register here'. This will allow you to email Edel directly. She will confirm your registration and send on the payment link for your first instalment of €665.
Registrations will be accepted up to 1 hour prior to the first online session.
Please allow a number of days for your manual to arrive, maybe longer, depending on your location.
Please Note: The RIAI is not issuing CPD Certificates for this event, please check with Edel Tinsley, email@example.com. Alternatively, on completion of the course download the Structured Webinar CPD Evidence Report and upload it to your MyRIAI CPD record as evidence of your participation in this event.