- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI CPD Links: Certified Passive House Designer and NZEB Specialist (23 June - 9 July)
- RIAI CPD Links
Date:Tuesday 23 June 2020 - Thursday 09 July 2020
Time:9.00am - 1.00pm
Cost:€1800, payable in instalments
This course is aimed at ALL building design and consulting professionals, including Architects and Engineers, Contractors and Builders.
9 half-day ‘live’ webinar modules led by Tomás O’Leary, from 9.00am (sharp) to 1.00pm on the dates below, followed by 3 days-equivalent e-learning that you’ll complete in your own time and at your own pace.
- Tuesday, 23rd June 2020 - Module 1: Principles and Performance Standards
- Wednesday, 24th June 2020 - Module 2: Highly Insulated & Thermal-Bridge-Free Envelopes
- Thursday, 25th June 2020 - Module 3: Superior Airtightness & Vapour Control
- Tuesday, 30th June 2020 - Module 4: Windows for Energy Balancing & Comfort
- Wednesday, 1st July 2020 - Module 5: Delivering Indoor Air Quality through Active Ventilation
- Thursday, 2nd July 2020 - Module 6: Next-generation Heating & Hot Water Systems
- Tuesday, 7th July 2020 - Module 7: Economics, Quality Assurance & Certification
- Wednesday, 8th July 2020 - Module 8: 3D Passive House Design Tool ‘designPH’
- Thursday, 9th July 2020 - Module 9: Passive House Planning Package
The following format is used for this on-line course:
- Series of nine ‘live’ (not recorded) webinar modules led by MosArt Director Tomás O’Leary.
- Each module deals with a central theme of high performance buildings and consists of a four hour session from 9am to 1pm with a 20 minute coffee break half-way.
- A second member of the MosArt training team, Dara McGowan, will be assisting in moderating the class and dealing with questions as they arise (just ‘raise your hand’ and Dara will be there to help).
- We’re using what we feel is the best webinar tool available for professional and reliable online education in this field, namely GotoTraining. It allows us to issue quizzes and polls along the way to check your progress and also to issue additional materials throughout the course.
- At the end of each module, you’ll receive a link to watch a full video recording of that session. So, fear not if you have to put the cat out or if there’s yet another baking-emergency in the kitchen.
- The last two modules of the course deal with the cool Sketchup plug-in software ‘designPH’ used to design Passive House projects in 3-D as well as Passive House Planning Package energy modelling tool used to fine-tune your project.
- In addition to the on-line content, you’ll receive (by post) a hard-copy manual of all the slides so you can make your own notes as you progress. You’ll also receive a hard copy of the PHPP manual in the same package (the software used to design Passive House projects).
- Once the nine webinar modules have been completed, you will then complete our online self-guided exam preparation modules over a five week period leading up to the exam on 7th August.
- You’ll need to invest the equivalent of about three days on the on-line exam preparation course, so about a half-day per week should do it.
- The exam preparation course includes presentation videos, calculation exercises, true-false questions and a Passive House design assignment which you’ll scan/photograph and send to us for personalised review. We’ll be with you every step of the way.
- The programme culminates on 7th August with the Certified Passive House Designer exam, a 3-hour ‘open-book’ (bring all your notes!) exam that takes place all around the world that same day.
- On passing the exam, you’ll (a) receive a formal certificate from the German Passive House Institute and (b) find yourself listed on the global map and database of Certified Passive House Designers (see map of designers here)
Training, Software and Exam Fees
The overall course fee is €1,800 (VAT exempt) payable in three equal parts and includes the following:
- All of the above-listed live webinar modules by Tomás O’Leary.
- Hard-copy of both the training manual and the PHPP (software) manual, posted to you.
- Full access to the on-line self-directed exam preparation course with learning support and personalised reviews from our dedicated expert educators.
- Your own fully-registered version of the latest version of the Passive House energy modelling software (PHPP Version 9).
- A download link to a free demo-version with some limitations of the 3-d modelling tool ‘designPH’. If you really enjoy that tool, you can buy the full version directly from the Passive House Institute.
- Passive House exam fee (worth €350), including international accreditation and listing on passing the exam.
- Personalised RIAI (or other) CPD cert covering 45 hours formal education.
We recognise that ‘cashflow is king’ in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis, so we’ve split the total fee of €1,800 into three equal payments as listed below:
- Deposit of €600 before 23rd June to register for the 9 live webinars;
- 2nd payment of €600 by 10th July;
- Final payment of €600 by 24th July.
If you’d like to send us an enquiry, please email Edel directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Edel Monday to Thursday 9am to 1pm on 086 602 0637.
On successfully passing the exam, set by Passive House Institute, participants will receive the internationally recognised accreditation of Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant, joining a rapidly expanding global community.
This course is also accredited by the RIAI and is worth 45 CPD points.