- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Pre-recorded Online: RIAI Public Procurement CPD – How to get Public Work & Offer the Service
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
Cost:RIAI Member €25 (was €65), RIAI Practice €20 (was €55)
Location:Online CPD Course
This online CPD course, delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk, comprises of a live recording of the RIAI CPD on Public Procurement which took place in Dublin on 16 November 2018. The CPD focuses on how to access public work and offer the service to the employer once you are appointed.
The CPD covers the context for public procurement of architectural services in Ireland through the EU Directives, the Capital Works Management Framework (CWMF), Department of Expenditure and Public Reform Procedures and the European Single Procurement Document (ESPD). Representatives from clients including the DoES, HSE and Grangegorman Development Authority will provide guidance on applying for their commissions. RIAI Members will speak about their approach to bidding, project design and management, Public Works Contracts and the role of the Employer’s Representative.
The aim of this CPD is to provide advice for RIAI practices on making tender submissions and winning work in the public sector, and to discuss the challenges presented by of this type of work.
On completion of this course attendees should have a knowledge of;
- Capital Works Management Framework (CWMF) procedures, EU Directives, OGP Guidance and the European Single Procurement Document (ESPD)
- Advice from DoES, HSE and Grangegorman Development Authority on applying for public works
- Approaching Public Procurement
- Tendering for Public Work
- The role of Employer’s Representative under the Government Contracts for Public Works
- Read More - Can Public Procurement be worth the effort? – An interview with Jim Coady, RIAI Procurement Group and the Speakers Profile
This online CPD course is delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of registration.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate for 6 structured CPD points on completion of the online CPD.