- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI CPD on NZEB and TGD Part L - Conservation of Fuel and Energy - Dwellings, June 2019 (Reduced Price)
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Pre-recorded Online
Cost:RIAI Member €15 (was €65), RIAI Practice €13 (was €55)
Location:RIAI Digital Chalk
Non RIAI members may book by contacting Teresa Harte at 01 6761703 to pay by Credit Card. Purchase Order Number for Local Authority bookings can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This online course comprises of a live recording of the RIAI CPD on NZEB and Technical Guidance Document Part L - Conservation of Fuel and Energy – Dwellings held on 24 June 2019.
An updated version of Technical Guidance Document L - Conservation of Fuel and Energy - Dwellings was signed into legislation in April 2019 with a 6-month lead in period. This new legislation will apply to new dwellings and major renovations to existing dwellings commencing construction from 1st November 2019, subject to transition. For further information on the application of this Technical Guidance Document and transitional arrangements see page 6 of the Document.
This CPD sees the DHPLG, SEAI and industry experts describe the impact this new legislation will have on current and future projects and how you should advise your clients. A number of practising architects explain via case study their approach to designing and specifying to NZEB standard, on-site inspection and monitoring performance post-handover.
The aim of the course is to provide you with an update on the context for NZEB including European and Irish policy and legislation, the impacts of Technical Guidance Document L – Conservation of Fuel and Energy - Dwellings and how to advise your Clients.
- The context and policy for NZEB
- NZEB legislation and the European Directives
- Update on Technical Guidance Document L – Conservation of Fuel and Energy - Dwellings
- Key implementation dates impacting on project programming, planning permission, etc.
- Thermal bridge assessment requirements for NZEB
- How to explain the value of investing in the NZEB standard to your clients - cost optimality/return on investment and comfort
- How NZEB standards and Technical Guidance Document L – Conservation of Fuel and Energy - Dwellings are applied in practice
- Preparing tender documents and specifications, on-site inspection and monitoring performance post-handover
This online CPD course is delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of registration.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate for 5.5 structured CPD points on completion of the online CPD.