- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Pre-recorded Online: Innovative Housing for All (May 2020)
- Pre-recorded RIAI Courses
- Pre-recorded Online
Cost:RIAI Members & RIAI Practices: €20
Location:RIAI Digital Chalk
The RIAI and the Housing Agency present the Innovative Housing for All CPD series. Expert speakers will present examples of innovative housing solutions that work for all people over their lifetime.
- Designing for all and examples of innovative housing solutions that address the needs of all people over their lifetime - Isoilde Dillon
- Universal Design Homes from UDH level to UDH++ - Neil Murphy
- The public realm: looking at accessible, predictability, inclusiveness, multi-sensory and ecologically friendly ways to design for the public realm - Catriona Shaffrey
On completion of this course attendees should have expanded their design skills and expertise by considering examples of innovative housing solutions that work for all people over their lifetime, developing an understanding of the elements of universal design and knowing what to consider when designing an inclusive public realm.
- Government Policy on Housing Options for Our Aging Population - Roslyn Molloy
- The Inchicore Project - Ruari Finucane
- A look at the challenges and opportunities in terms of universal design due to recent changes to apartment design and apartment design guidelines - Catherine Dollard
On completion of this course attendees should have an understanding of the Government Policy on Housing for Our Aging Population as it relates to architecture, a knowledge of the challenges and opportunities that arise when designing a housing scheme for the aging population and a knowledge of the challenges and opportunities in designing apartments to universal design standards using current guidelines.
- Universal Design approach to renovation of existing houses - Hanna Andrykowska
- Lifetime housing and the benefits of Universally Designed homes - Cliona Rooney
- Conclusion / The Importance of Good Design - Isoilde Dillon
On completion of this course attendees should have knowledge of the design considerations to be addressed in taking a Universal Design approach to adapting existing homes to meet individual need and the restrictions associated with existing building constraints and cost considerations., the benefits of experiencing and living in homes built to a lifetime homes standard, and understand the value of good design and that addressing individual need and producing high quality design are compatible objectives.
This online CPD course comprises of live recordings of the Innovative Housing for All Webinars that took place on 7, 14 and 21 May 2020.
This online CPD course is delivered via RIAI Digital Chalk
- Following receipt of your payment via MyRIAI you will receive an email from the RIAI CPD Division (9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday) providing your login details for RIAI Digital Chalk.
- This online course will be accessible from your RIAI Digital Chalk account for 6 months from the date of completion.
- The RIAI will send you a CPD certificate for 4 structured CPD points on completion of the online course.