- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Introductory Course on the Provision of Expertise and Expert Witness Services by Architects
- CPD Events
- Live Webinars
- Member Events
Date:Friday 15 October 2021
Time:9.00am - 11.00am
Cost:Member Rate €35 | Practice Rate €30
RIAI CPD:2 Structured CPD Points
The CPD booking is now closed to allow us time to prepare the zoom invitation. Thank you.
This webinar will be recorded for future delivery via RIAI DigitalChalk.
The aim of this introductory course is to provide participants with a basic knowledge of the function and value of Architects as independent providers of expertise and expert witness services.
- Service provision the context of solving problems, avoiding disputes and assisting in the resolution of differences and disputes should they proceed to; mediation, conciliation adjudication, arbitration, litigation or other dispute resolution process.
- A valuable additional revenue stream – which is well-paid and recession-proof.
- The provision of expertise and expert witness services brings Architects into new networking environments – with the legal community and the Clients that they introduce.
- The provision of these services provides Architects with a new learning curve into legal affairs and practices – and the world of alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
- Learning more about ADR has brought many Architects into a natural progression to the provision of services as an ADR professional – as Mediator, Conciliator, Adjudicator (Construction Contracts Act 2013), Arbitrator, Expert Determiner, etc..
The follow up to this introductory course:
The RIAI ADR Taskforce chaired by Dan Daye is currently developing the new flagship 3-day intensive Expertise and Expert Witness Course for Architects which RIAI CPD will present in February 2022.
- Dan Daye, Director McAuley Daye O’Connell. Chairperson RIAI ADR Taskforce, ADR Services Provider.
- Orla FitzGerald, Principal Fitz.Gerald Associates Architects. Member, Sense Studio London (International specialist Architect-led Forensics, Expertise and ADR Practice), ADR Services Provider, Member of the Panel of Adjudicators under s8 of the CCA.
- James O’Donoghue, Partner BLUETT & O’DONOGHUE, ADR Services Provider, Member of the Panel of Adjudicators under s8 of the CCA.
- Sean Moylan, Senior Architect Heritage Services – Conservation.
- Niall Meagher, MD Interactive Project Managers Ltd, ADR Services Provider, Member of the Panel of Adjudicators under s8 of the CCA.
- Matt MacDonagh-Dumler, Director McGarry Ní Éanaigh Architects, provider of Expertise and Expert Witness Services with a focus on technical complexity and high value cases.