- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI CPD Links: Energy Renovation for Traditional Buildings - September 2022
- Other CPD Events
- RIAI CPD Links
Location:TUS Limerick School of Art and Design, LSAD, Limerick
RIAI CPD:30 Structured CPD Points
This programme is part-time over 15 weeks
Starting date: September
The aim of the programme is to provide learners with the relevant knowledge and skills to operate in this sector and ensure such buildings undergo energy renovations in a safe and sustainable manner. This Module enables energy efficient retrofitting of traditional buildings by understanding the principles of hydroscopic materials and appropriate retrofitting methodologies.
This module is to provide the student with the relevant knowledge of the underpinning principles of building specifications, typical construction performance characteristics, environmental approaches, appropriate methodologies and solutions during the energy renovation of traditional buildings (pre 1940s).