- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Designing with Empathy: Universal Design Homes to benefit Everyone by Centre for Excellence in Universal Design, with Nicola Ryan MRIAI
- Live Webinars
- Member Events
- RIAI CPD Links
Date:Wednesday 14 June 2023
Time:12.30pm - 1.30pm
RIAI CPD:1 Structured CPD Point
The Centre for Excellence in Universal Design is hosting a webinar with Architect Nicola Ryan, who was the guest chair of the 2023 RIAI Universal Design Award subgroup.
This webinar is offered free of charge. Irish sign language interpretation and real-time captioning will be available at this event.
Architect Nicola Ryan will present a series of case studies of her work on inclusive housing solutions, including a House at Chapelizod, which was highly commended in the Universal Design category of the RIAI Architecture Awards 2022.
Following this webinar, attendees should have:
- awareness of universal design features and elements in housing design
- understanding of the benefits of taking a Universal Design approach in housing for a wide range of users, including designing for people with autism and intellectual disabilities.
Speaker - Nicola Ryan MRIAI
Nicola Ryan is co-director of Studio Red Architects. She is a Grade 2 Conservation Architect. She has a special interest in inclusive housing solutions - including development of existing buildings, infill plots and backland sites in established communities.
Nicola’s son has autism, epilepsy, and mobility issues. She recently completed a co-housing build with her business partner, Gráinne Dunne - to provide 3 family homes on a backland site in the village of Chapelizod, Dublin. Her family’s home, designed around the specific needs of her son, was highly commended in the RIAI Architecture Awards 2022, under the Universal Design category.
CPD Certificates will be provided after the event. If you have a query about this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org