- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI Conservation / Meet the Craftsman CPD Series: Cashel Palace by Una Ní Mhearáin, MRIAI
- CPD Events
- Live Webinars
- Member Events
- Featured CPD Events
Date:Thursday 16 September 2021
Time:12.00pm - 1.30pm
Cost:RIAI Member €35 | RIAI Practice Member €30
RIAI CPD:1.5 Structured CPD Points
The RIAI and the Heritage Contractors Register is delighted to present a monthly RIAI Conservation / Meet the Craftsman CPD Series. Una Ní Mhearáin MRIAI will give a live talk over Zoom platform on Cashel Palace.
This webinar will be recorded for future delivery via RIAI DigitalChalk.
The aim of the talk is to look at the challenges of integration of retained historic buildings with new development within a site of National Importance.
On completion of this course attendees should have a knowledge of;
- Understand & Evaluation of the significance of a complex site and understanding how the works might impact the significance and how the impact can be minimised.
- The importance of research in helping to inform key decisions
- Conflicting demands and Co-ordination of a multi-disciplinary team
- Identifying materials and construction techniques
- Specialist techniques for repair
- Importance of inspection and attention to detail
Úna Ní Mhearáin is an architect in private practice. She is an associate in Consarc Design Group, a multi-disciplinary practice, with a specialist Conservation department. She has a master’s in Building and Urban Conservation (MUBC) from UCD and is an RIAI Grade 1 accredited architect. Úna has been responsible for all aspects of a wide range of projects from inception to completion in Ireland. Her experience includes all aspects of conservation work, from procurement, to writing conservation management plans to detailed design, specification and running projects on site. Projects include medieval structures, 18th century country houses, Victorian buildings, schools, churches, and bank buildings, with a range of both public sector, commercial and private clients.
Una is a member of ICOMOS and is currently chair of the Building Limes Forum Ireland (BLFI).
How to Join the Webinar
When your booking has been confirmed, you will receive instructions and a unique link to join the webinar, at the specified time and date. Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you. Before joining, be sure to check your system requirements to avoid any connection issue.