- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI COVID-19 Publications & Useful Links
RIAI COVID-19 Publications
15 May 2020: RIAI Proposals for the Reopening of Offices
To support Architects and Architectural Technologists in their business continuation, the RIAI has published proposals for the reopening of offices. RIAI Proposals for the Reopening of Offices is intended to assist organisations (of varied sizes) with a toolkit, having reference to current information which broadly covers a range of planning considerations for your return to office within the COVID-19 context. Read the RIAI Proposals for the Reopening of Offices here.
8 May 2020: RIAI Proposals for the Programme of Government
The RIAI has produced a series of proposals for the Programme of Government. Read the Proposal
1 May 2020: RIAI Member Survey on the Impact of COVID-19
The survey received 993 responses from RIAI members, which is a 23% total. Notable findings included: 72% of respondents are working full time; 90% are working from home, with 74% not normally working from home; 49% have had a change to their working conditions; 30% of employers are availing of the government subsidies; and 46% expect to change to a more flexible home /office arrangement. Read the full survey results here.
23 April 2020: Post COVID-19: Construction Sites
The Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland (RIAI) has published a series of proposals to support the delivery of safe working environments as construction sites reopen. The publication, titled RIAI Proposals for Reopening of Construction Sites to Promote Suitable Protocols for Working Environments, is intended to assist in getting construction sites functioning post COVID-19 restrictions without compromising quality of construction or compliance with building regulations. Read the full press release here.
The following links are useful for up-to-date information on COVID-19:
- Construction Industry Council Statement on COVID-19 (The Construction Industry Council)
- Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government
- COVID-19 Information for Employers and Employees (Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection)
- Government supports for COVID-19 impacted businesses (Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation)
- Business Continuity Planning: Checklist of preparatory actions in responding to COVID-19 (Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation)
- COVID-19 information and advice for taxpayers and agents (Revenue Commissioners)
- A Letter of Agreement for a COVID-19 Ex Gratia Payment by the Employer (The Office of Government Procurement)
- CIF Online C19 Induction (Construction Industry Federation)