- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI COVID-19 Publications & Useful Links
RIAI COVID-19 Publications
14 September 2021: RIAI Guidance on Returning to Offices (Updated September 2021)
The RIAI has published guidance on the reopening of offices. With the Government announcement earlier this month that employees may return to the office on a phased basis from September 20, more normal working conditions are set to resume in the coming months.
With many architectural practices and other business undertaking a return or partial return to the office, the RIAI has today published guidance and Top Tips for the reopening of office space. These tips will allow businesses to proceed with reopening in a safe and responsible manner. Read the updated RIAI Guidance on Returning to Offices here.
2 July 2020: COVID-19 Business Supports for SMEs
To support its members in business continuation, the RIAI has reviewed and summarised the range of state grants, financial supports and reliefs available to businesses in the wake of the pandemic. Those which are most applicable to architectural practices are summarised on the COVID-19 Business Supports for SMEs document.
15 May 2020: RIAI Proposals for the Reopening of Offices
To support Architects and Architectural Technologists in their business continuation, the RIAI has published proposals for the reopening of offices. RIAI Proposals for the Reopening of Offices is intended to assist organisations (of varied sizes) with a toolkit, having reference to current information which broadly covers a range of planning considerations for your return to office within the COVID-19 context. Read the RIAI Proposals for the Reopening of Offices here.
8 May 2020: RIAI Proposals for the Programme of Government
The RIAI has produced a series of proposals for the Programme of Government. Read the Proposal
1 May 2020: RIAI Member Survey on the Impact of COVID-19
The survey received 993 responses from RIAI members, which is a 23% total. Notable findings included: 72% of respondents are working full time; 90% are working from home, with 74% not normally working from home; 49% have had a change to their working conditions; 30% of employers are availing of the government subsidies; and 46% expect to change to a more flexible home /office arrangement. Read the full survey results here.
23 April 2020: Post COVID-19: Construction Sites
The Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland (RIAI) has published a series of proposals to support the delivery of safe working environments as construction sites reopen. The publication, titled RIAI Proposals for Reopening of Construction Sites to Promote Suitable Protocols for Working Environments, is intended to assist in getting construction sites functioning post COVID-19 restrictions without compromising quality of construction or compliance with building regulations. Read the full press release here.
The following links are useful for up-to-date information on COVID-19:
- COVID-19 – Briefing Announcement and Updated Restrictions (Gov.ie)
- COVID-19 - Commencement Notices and impact of SI 4/2021 Closing Sites (DHLGH)
- Publication of COVID-19 Supplementary Material – for Contracts made before 14 April 2020 (OGP)
- Office of Government Procurement publishes note in relation to public health measures announced on 6 January 2021 (OGP)
- S.I. No. 4 of 2021 Health Act 1947 (Section 31A - Temporary Restrictions) (COVID-19) (No. 10) (Amendment) Regulations 2021 (Gov.ie)
- Government Announces New Plan in the Fight Against COVID-19 (Eversheds Sutherland)
- Updated CIF Standard Operating Procedures SOP V5 (Construction Industry Federation)
- Construction Industry Council Statement on COVID-19 (The Construction Industry Council)
- Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government
- COVID-19 Information for Employers and Employees (Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection)
- Government supports for COVID-19 impacted businesses (Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation)
- Business Continuity Planning: Checklist of preparatory actions in responding to COVID-19 (Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation)
- COVID-19 information and advice for taxpayers and agents (Revenue Commissioners)
- A Letter of Agreement for a COVID-19 Ex Gratia Payment by the Employer (The Office of Government Procurement)
- CIF Online C19 Induction (Construction Industry Federation)
- Guidance for Multi-Unit Developments, and Residential Owners’ Management Companies during COVID-19 (Housing Agency, The Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland, and the Institute of Professional Auctioneers & Valuers)
- COVID-19 - The Future of Workplace Report by Cushman & Wakefield (Cushman & Wakefield)
- OGP:Template Covid Co-operation Framework Published (Office of Government Procurement)