- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Is your home a Protected Structure?
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Architect:de Paor Architects
Award Type:Irish Architecture Awards
Palás embodies Galway’s cultural capital in this confident building that is brimful with clever invention. It establishes a human-centred experience, moulded in sensual concrete. Three theatres are stacked with two routes to each, interwoven through vertical circulation coloured with filtered daylight and animated by framed glimpses of cinematic intrigue, in a futuristic version of a medieval Galway tower house. Palás seems as if it has always been here, making tangible the city’s ancestral essence. Through its tenacious determination and its sense of ‘craic’, it captures the creative potential of what Galway is, was, and could be, in a profound and exceptionally accomplished work of contemporary architecture.