- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Architect:Metropolitan Workshop LLP
Award Type:Irish Architecture Awards
Mapleton Crescent’s 27 storey tower is Europe’s tallest modular residential development. Located on a triangular postage stamp sized site, the architects have designed a landmark that is in fact two distinctly separate rectangular stacks of prefabricated apartments arranged around a central recessed concrete core. This simple and efficient plan device accentuates the slenderness of form and the clever use of blue/green faience cladding panels gifts the building a dramatic and exceptionally elegant presence. Sophisticated vertical glazing patterns and a balanced play of solid and void using balconies as punctuation points result in an exemplar tall and innovative building of international significance.