- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Is your home a Protected Structure?
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Architect:Henchion Reuter Architects with Shaffrey Architects
Award Type:Adaptation and Reuse
The meticulous restoration and adaptation of this Georgian property inspired an equally well-crafted and sophisticated mews building. Core to the success of the project is how the architects have mastered the interconnectedness of the parts in a way that is consistent with the Georgian plot arrangement of House, Garden, Courtyard and Mews. The new intervention reflects the generosity of the original. It is light filled, beautifully detailed and generously proportioned. Notwithstanding the near 250 year gap in their design, the adaptation and the intervention manage to speak the same language.