- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Is your home a Protected Structure?
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Gardens International - The Hanging Gardens
Architect:Carr Cotter Naessens and Denis Byrne Architects
Award Type:Irish Architecture Awards
The architects have executed an almost impossible task – stitching back together a historic and complex urban block, while providing almost 10,000sqm of high-quality commercial office space. The abandoned 5-storey concrete frame, which had become a stark symbol of the recession in Limerick, has been skilfully woven into this rich tapestry of buildings - both existing and new, historic and contemporary. Skill and attention to detail is apparent at every turn. This is a project of a very high quality. It should stand as an exemplar in commercial building design and construction, and light the way for Limerick City in its regeneration.