- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
Swiss Cottage Lough Rynn Estate
Architect:Buckley Partnership Architects
Award Type:Irish Architecture Awards
A delightful project on the Lough Rynn Estate, Mohill, Co. Leitrim which revitalises and secures the future of a former 19th century hunting lodge as a comfortable 21st century home for all to enjoy.
Sensitive repair and painstaking reinstatement, employing the skills of local crafts people, ensures that the building’s character and special interest is retained, contributing to more than to the character of its setting. The project demonstrates a keen understanding and appreciation of the value of our architectural heritage and empathetic conservation sensibilities and techniques have resulted in a beautifully crafted project that is the essence of sustainability.