|Company:||O'Herlihy Access Consultancy|
|CPD Category:||Structured CPD 18 points|
|Contact:||Eoin O'Herlihy, Principal|
|Address:||O'Herlihy Access Consultancy
Guinness Enterprise Centre
|Telephone||01 415 1285|
|Fax:||01 410 0955|
The aim of this three day course is to equip participants with an understanding of how to carry out an access audit and to gain an understanding of Universal Access and Universal Design in the built and external environment. The course also covers the Disability Access Certificate application process and meeting the requirements of Part M 2010.
Three Day Training Course Dates:
- 26th & 27th September & 10th October 2012
- 21st & 22nd November & 4th December 2012
COST €1000- NOW €900
The aim of this course is to equip participants with the skills required to carry out an access audit and gain an understanding of Universal Access and Universal Design and assist in the preparation and review of a Disability Access Certificates Applications. The course also aims to ensure participants appreciate the key content of Technical Guidance Document (TGD) M 2010.
- Understand the key amendments to Part M 2010 of the Building Requirements.
- Increased awareness of the implications of TGD M 2010on the design of new buildings, extensions, material alterations and certain material changes of use.
- Strengthen their knowledge of the Disability Act 2005, Part M of the Building Regulations, Disability Access Certificates and other relevant legislation.
- Understand Disability Equality and Accessibility (Legislation, Access to Services, Disability Awareness)
- Increase their understanding of an accessible design process and understand the concepts of universal accessibility, universal design and Access to the Built and external Environment, appreciate the key role of management in maintaining built environment and be able to carry out an access audit.