Town Walls Maintenance and Repair Seminar
|Training Subject:||Town Walls Maintenance and Repair Seminar|
|Company:||The Building Limes Forum Ireland|
|Address:||The Building Limes Forum Ireland
Location of course : Drimnagh Castle.
Date and time: Specifiers Tues 1st May 2012 9.00am to 4.30pm.
Practioners Wed 2nd May 2012 9.00am to 4.30pm.
Cost: €150 per day including teas coffees and lunch €130 per day early bird fee if book by 5th April.
Discount for two or more people from same Town walls network group or for booking for both days (1st and 2nd May) please email Lisa Edden
Download Booking form at www.buildinglimesforumireland.com, pay by paypal or send cheques payable to Building Limes Forum Ireland to
BLFI, No. 4 Castle Street, Dublin 2,
Contact: For additional information and/or to register a place please e-mail Lisa Edden firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Lecturers:- As daily programmes over
Co-ordinator Specifiers course = Lisa Edden – BLFI committee + structural Engineer
Co-ordinator Practioners course = Pat McAfee – Stone Mason, Instructor, Author “Lime Works”
Outcome and goals of event:
Specifiers attending 1st May course will find out:
· The importance of protecting our town walls and what to protect and maintain
· How to programme maintenance within the legislation
· How to specify the repairs using the appropriate methods and materials
· What else to look for and when to get in other experts
Practioners attending 2nd May will find out:
· How to tell when maintenance and repair are necessary.
· How to safely remove undesirable vegetation from walls
· How to organise repair work and build to match the existing
· How to prepare lime mortar for building / repair / pointing
· How to re-point small areas of wall faces and wall tops.
· What else to look for and when to revert to the specifiers / experts
The CIF encourages attendance at these workshops
NB: The Great Hall can be cold - Please dress warmly for your own comfort