Whether you are planning a new corporate headquarters or are simply extending your home, a RIAI-registered architect has the qualifications, vision and experience to take you expertly through your building project.
An architect does a lot more than just provide you with a set of drawings, they will help you set a viable brief and budget, guide you through the planning process, obtain quotes for the work, manage consultants like surveyors and engineers, monitor the budget and administer the construction contract. Working with a professionally qualified and RIAI-registered architect will be the best investment you will make as part of the building project.
Building Control Regulations
New Building Control Regulations come into force March 1st 2014. The Government introduced new Building Control (Amendment) Regulations (BC(A)R) that set out new procedures for the control of building activity. The regulations apply to most building works (including new houses, house extensions over 40m2, and any building works which require a fire safety certificate) and may affect the cost of projects and their duration.
For more details read The Building Control (Amendment) Regulations, S.I.9 - Client Guidance Note.PDF File (353 KB)
For more details on Opt Out for Domestic Projects click HERE.
Your Architect can provide you with specific advice in relation to your project. Prior to commencing a project, Building Owners are advised to read the BC(A)R Code of Practice for inspecting and Certifying Buildings and Works.PDF File
House at Bogwest by Steve Larkin Architects (Winner Best House, 2012 Irish Architecture Awards)
Architects are professionally educated for seven years in design and trained to look at your project from many angles:
- They will find the best solutions for optimising light, space and storage; they will identify appropriate materials and construction methods; and they will seamlessly integrate measures for better energy performance.
- Architects will guide you expertly through a design and building process that can appear to be daunting, indentifying your requirements and protecting your interests.
- An RIAI-registered architect will ensure that your project is dealt with efficiently and competently from planning and design to construction and completion.
- Involving an architect early on in a project can actually save you time and money. They will offer you a range of options and discuss with you the most economic and appropriate design for your requirements.
- Even on small projects, such as a kitchen extension or an attic conversion, working with an architect can make a big difference, as they will find solutions that will realise the full potential of your home.
Working with an architect will be the best investment you make and raise your project to new levels!